Betty Irene Cardinal (née Hardiman )
It’s with great sadness we announce the passing of our mother, Betty on the 28th August, 2020.
Wife of John (dec). Mother of Mike, Marilyn, Gillian and Nigel. Grandmother of 11. Great grandmother of 12.
Rest in Peace.
Betty’s funeral service will be livestreamed on Thursday 3rd September, 2020 at 11.00 a.m. To view the service go to www.cbnfvr.com.au/livestream4
Having known both Betty and John since my teenage years, I have always felt welcomed and at home in their presence and am saddened to learn of their passing. I have special, fond memories & connections with your family and want to send my deepest condolences to you all, knowing what a hard time this is for you. Sending warm & heartfelt hugs xoSeptember 3, 2020
Betty was a remarkable woman loved fondly by Gillian, Rose, Alice and myself. She was a large part of our lives and a wonderful role model and inspiration for our two girls and will be greatly missed by all of us. My deepest sympathies go to the entire family. TerrySeptember 3, 2020
I’m so lucky to have had Betty as my mother-in-law for 1/3 of my life and always enjoyed catching up with her at family events for the other 1/3 of my life, where we chatted as if no time had passed at all. I couldn’t have wished for a better mother in law and grandmother for my children.
Thank you Betty for:
* Welcoming me into your family and treating me like one of your own.
* All the beautifully knitted jumpers and hats you lovingly made for my children when they were little, we were always getting compliments on their outfits.
* Teaching me the proper way to cut and cook Brussel sprouts.
* For showing me the secret to perfectly cooked roast potatoes.
* For allowing me to learn to do the washing frequently throughout the week rather than waiting for a ‘wash day’.
* For always being there whenever I needed a babysitter or if I just needed to ‘veg’ on your couch while you cooked the Sunday roast.
* Teaching me how to do the ‘Lah De Dah’ swim when in the pool with grandchildren!
* Unwittingly being a great role model and someone to aspire to.
You were a constant bright spark, always offering a cup of tea and a chat. You will be sadly missed.
My deepened sympathy and condolences to all.
Diane xxSeptember 2, 2020